Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weeks Sand Dunes Camp Out

For the past few years my oldest brother Tim has put together an annual Weeks family camp out at the Little Sahara Sand Dunes. We get to ride 4-wheelers, motorcycles, and other fun sand dunes toys, as well as enjoy family time and the great outdoors. All of my family came this year, including my younger brother Jeff who flew in from a summer job in Texas. Besides enjoying food (thanks Tim!) and conversation, we also celebrated all the June birthdays. This included Cali, so of course she had a blast opening up presents and blowing out her cupcake candle.

This year was JR's and my first time sleeping over. We've been party poopers in the past (according to my family) and never really slept overnight. This year we had no excuse, with my brother Tim loaning us his huge tent and air mattresses. I have to say, for sleeping in a tent, I was so comfy! I would have gotten great sleep too...if it wasn't for the party going on at the campsite next to us. It's difficult sleeping when there's loud 4-wheelers zooming past your tent until five a.m. So, other than getting no sleep and getting sand all over, we had a great time. Cali loved playing with her cousins and going on the 4-wheelers. Isaac loved eating and being outside. JR and I loved spending time with my family, and taking a shower and a nap when we got home :). JR and I don't consider ourselves very out-doorsy, but I guess when you get to spend time with the ones you love it makes all the dirt, heat, and no sleep worth it :).

Here's me and Isaac enjoying some camp snuggle time :).

Here's everyone who got to celebrate their birthday at the Sand Dunes:
Brianne, Cali, Jaryn, Erin, mom, and Steve. Happy Birthday!!!

Here's my mom reading a cute poem that went along with the
Prayer Rugs she made for Cali and Brianne. They're so cute. Thanks mom!

I'm pretty sure Cali loved her present... :).

Here's JR and Isaac chillin'. Isaac is trying to attack that huge pretzel.
I bet you can't guess who won that fight... :).

Here's Cali and Isaac relaxing in our tent. Luckily they seemed to sleep ok.

Here's everyone bright eyed on Saturday morning :).
At least we had a yummy pancake and bacon breakfast to get us out of bed.
Well... that and the heat.

"Look dad, my head is as big as yours!"

Here's Cali and uncle Cory getting ready to take a ride. Poor Cali - I had put sunscreen on her face but all it did was attract dirt. She looks like a raccoon! At least she still had a blast, despite getting sand in her eyes.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, I really am shocked that you two did this! I totally don't picture you guys as outdoorsy people. I'm glad you went though. It looks like fun!

By the way, where were the sand dunes? Did you have to pass through Cedar to get there? *wink, wink*

Angela said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Cali is getting so big! I can't believe you have a four year old.

The Millette Family said...

Sounds Fun! I think we should all take a camping trip. Oh and JR can be our cook! :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like fun. So you guys have never gone camping while you've been married? I have to admit, I haven't very much, but I think we've gone at least twice. By the way, Isaac is way cute. Maybe someday I will have a little boy!

Steph said...

Looks like you and your family had a fun trip! Your kids are so cute! And yes our little boys dont seem much like babies anymore sadly! =)

JR said...

Thanks for putting up with me on our little excursion to the dunes. I seriously lost a lot of hope of being able to enjoy campouts like I used to in scouts because of the crazy antics of all the other campers. Parties lasting past 5:00 AM in a public park with young families right next door is very thoughtless. So much for the Sheriff doing his job. :)