Monday, June 9, 2008

Idaho Falls Trip

On Sunday we got to enjoy spending more time with JR's family, especially our new little niece A.J. who got blessed. It's hard to remember just how little your kids use to be until you hold a newborn again. She's so sweet and snugly :). It was so much fun visiting JR's brother Aaron and his wife Angel. We've never been up to where they live in Idaho Falls, so having little A.J. blessed was the perfect opportunity. After church and lunch we went to see the Idaho Falls Temple. It's beautiful, so of course I took way too many pictures :). The whole weekend was so much fun - spending time with family and enjoying a mini vacation (any night at a hotel counts as a vacation right?! :).


Baby Angel Jane (A.J.). She's so cute! She's also my first niece on JR's side of the family, so that makes her extra special :).


A.J. and Grandma Peterson.


JR being a good dad - trying to corral Isaac so he didn't destroy Aaron's house. That's no small task! Look at Isaac's face - it says, "Dad put me down, there's stuff I haven't sucked on yet!"

The Hickmans (Angel's family) were up for the weekend too, which made it even more fun!

Enjoying chat around the table :).

Here's my beautiful sis-in-law Anna. She's such a great aunt :).

JR, me, Rachel, Cali, and Anna enjoying the falls by the temple.

It is such a gorgeous temple. What a perfect location!


All the animals on the water by the temple.

Ok, I know I'm retarded, but this picture makes me laugh. It looks like the goose has called a meeting for the other ducks (and the seagulls - that were pretending to be ducks in the water so they could get food too). hehe! Hey, maybe that's what the meeting is about - getting rid of those pesky seagulls so that they could have all the food....Ok, I'll stop now. :-D

It was a little windy, but still a beautiful day.

Idaho Falls, Idaho Temple

6 comments:

Alison said...

The site I get my backgrounds from is leeloublogs.blogspot.com. She has a ton of cute ones and they are all free.

Jason and Joy said...

HI Kristin!! I love your blog, and all your cute pictures. Looks like a fun vacation and I agree that any night in a hotel is a vacation!!
Oh yes, and Cali's birthday cake was SOO cute!

Jason and Joy said...

Sorry I spelled your name wrong...I realized I did that as soon as I pressed the publish button!

Steph said...

Looks like a fun little get a way! That temple looks amazing! How pretty with the water surrounding it!

Jenny said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had fun!

Angela said...

Looks like you had fun! Also, it is fun to see Aaron's baby. I served on the seminary council with him in high school but don't keep in touch with him. So, it is fun to sort of keep in touch with him through you!