Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cali's First Dance Recital

This past week Cali went to her first dance classes. I've been meaning to put her in dance for forever and finally signed her up for a little dance camp. She went every day for an hour and a half and then performed what she learned on Saturday. She loved every minute of it and was so excited that she was going to get to perform at the end of the week. It was a teddy bear dance camp, so everyday she got to bring her bear and practice dancing with it for one of the dances. She did such a good job on Saturday. She smiled and danced in rhythm and had such a great time performing what she learned. Of course she was the best little dancer of the group, but then again I was really only looking at her :). She did do a really good job, though. For having never had a dance class before, she learned all the steps and was one of the only ones doing the steps at the right time. It's no wonder I was completely proud of her. She's so cute to watch and I can't wait to sign her up for more dance classes because I know she'll have a blast - and I'll love living vicariously through her :).

Here's Cali showing one of the things she learned this week: first position.
Look at those perfectly positioned little feet! Too cute :).

Here she is getting ready to perform her bear dance. Her dance teacher helped the girls make their costumes. They were really cute :).

After Cali finished her first dance she did a bow like this one and held it for like 10 seconds. I was mad because I had stopped videoing right before she did her bow, so I had her do it for me again. It's too cute - it makes me laugh :).

Here she is showing off her bear pose. She looked so cute and grown up performing. Especially since she got to wear makeup. What a pretty little girl :).

For those of you who are wondering, yes she's wearing her Snow White princess costume. Since the girls were so young her teacher said that they could wear whatever dress-up costume they wanted too. Since I haven't gotten Cali any dance clothes yet, she wanted to wear this. She had lots of fun getting dressed up and putting on makeup. I'm glad she got some more use out of her Halloween costume...again :).

3 comments:

Steph said...

Cute! I need a girl baby so i can do all of those fun girly things! Shes such a cutie pie!

Wilde Family said...

Awww, how fun! Cali looks so cute and grown up in her little dance class! I can't wait to do fun stuff like this!

Jenny said...

Fun! I love the Princess dress! You'll have to tell me some fun things that Cali liked doing in class so I can work it into some of my classes. It sounds like Cali took from a great teacher!