Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day JR


I needed to take a moment today to pay tribute to my husband JR, the father of our two beautiful children. Words cannot express the love I have for him. That love has increased exponentially as I've watched him be a dad. When we first had Cali it was a little bit of a struggle for him. He wanted so much to be a loving patient father, but, not having had an example of one from his own father, it was hard for him to know exactly how to be a good dad. Having children sometimes brings out the best and worst in us all. JR has been determined ever since to be the best dad he could be, and I believe he had reached his goals and then some. My love for him grows every day as I see him playing with our children, teaching them, singing to them, loving them. He's more patient and loving than me!

To give you just a small taste of what an amazing dad JR is, this morning JR got up early with Isaac, fed him, changed TWO poppy diapers, fed Cali, and played with the kids so that I could get a little extra sleep. He wasn't even grouchy! I am so blessed to have JR as a husband and as an amazing father. Our children are blessed because of his love. Thank you JR for all that you do. Our children could not have a better father, and I could not have a better husband.

Here's some fun pics of JR and the kids, being such a good dad :).
Dancing with Cali at Angelica's wedding.

Enjoying Christmas morning with Cali.

Enjoying snuggle time with Isaac in the hospital.

Reading to Cali and Isaac. I love this picture :).

Cali getting into trouble for running off. JR is such a good dad, disciplining firmly, but with love.

Happy Father's Day JR. We love you!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Kristen, beautiful new layout & color scheme!

Jenny said...

happy father's day, dot dot...

Kendra said...

What sweet pics of JR with the kids! I hope he read this post. It is a wonderful tribute to him as a father. Very nice.