Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Cali!

This month has been so crazy. There's only four people in our little family, but we've celebrated three birthdays and an anniversary in the past month. Apparently we don't like to spread things out :). As hectic as it's been, it's also been a blast.

We ended our hectic birthday month with a trip to Idaho Falls to visit JR's brother Aaron. He and his wife Angel blessed their new little girl A.J. on Sunday. So, we thought since all the Peterson's would be there, and it was Cali's birthday on Saturday, why not make it even more special for Cali and celebrate her birthday there. The only worrisome part was transporting Cali's 'purse' cake from Spanish Fork, but luckily that went without a hitch, so everything was great! Cali was so excited all day and couldn't wait to get to Idaho to have her party. Her party was so much fun. All I can say is that Cali got SPOILED! I knew that would happen, simply because she would have been spoiled just from the presents JR and I got her, but add the family gifts on top and she made a killing! Of course she didn't mind though. She even told people proudly that she got spoiled. It was so fun watching her face as she opened each gift and got so excited...even if she didn't quite know what the gift was at first :).

As crazy and silly and talkative as my daughter is, she's still so very sweet and I couldn't be more proud to be her mom. She's getting so big and is continuing to blossom into such a beautiful little girl. JR and I know we're in trouble when she's older :). JR and I love her so much and look forward to many more birthdays and special occasions with her. But more than that, I look forward to the everyday things that bring me joy and make me realize how blessed I am to be her mother. Happy 4th Birthday Cali! We love you!


Cali picked out this cake over six months ago and never changed her mind. I didn't mind, because it's cute and very easy :). I thought it turned out cute, don't you think! I mean, what four year old doesn't need a purse cake complete with candy jewelry, candy lipstick, and chocolate money!

It was so cute - Cali was so excited for me to bring her cake in, and once I did she immediately blew out the candles. I almost said, "Wait, you forgot to make a wish!", but then I figured she was already going to get spoiled so she wouldn't be any worse off :).

She got some Scooby Doo Cartoons from her Grandma Peterson. She was so excited because she loves watching those cartoons with her Aunt Rachel.

What little girl doesn't want a princess wrap and wand. Even her eleven year old Aunt Rachel was jealous!

It was so sweet, Rachel's friend bought this for Cali. You should have seen the look on her face when she opened up her princess phone! Now she had a direct line to all the Disney princesses...whom she calls frequently :).

Cali LOVED her candy bracelet, necklace, and lipstick (that she's sucking on in the picture, and in about half of the other pictures we took :). I also let her wear one of her new shirts, which looked SO cute on her!

It was so much fun celebrating Cali's birthday in Idaho. Thanks Aaron and Angel for letting us use your home. It was a great party and Cali had a blast!

Here's an after-party picture of Cali and Rachel playing with Cali's new toys and eating cake. Cali loved playing with the 'money' that was around her birthday cake. She didn't even realize, until chocolate started oozing out from the warmth of her hands, that the coins were filled with chocolate.
She's so funny :).

I swear there's some inner biological clock that kids have that tells them they're having a birthday. When Cali was about to turn three, and again when she was about to turn four, she kicked up the drama another notch. It's like her body instinctively knew it was getting older so she was suppose to become an even bigger stinker. Case in point, when we were driving up to Idaho Cali had to ask a million times if we were there yet (I think that phrase is inborn as well :). So, finally I told her, "Cali, you'll know we're there when we get out of the car." Cali responded, "But that doesn't MEAN anything?!" JR and I started laughing so hard. I know that phrase doesn't mean anything, but she wasn't suppose to figure that out until she was a teenager! What a stinker :).

5 comments:

The Millette Family said...

Happy Birthday Cali! I love the cake. It's even cuter than I expected! Way to go Kristen. Yes, Sunday dinner needs to be soon! I'll call you so we can set it up!

Alison said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. That cake was so cute. I'm glad Cali had a great birthday. Don't you wish you could get spoiled like that now.

Steph said...

Way to go on the cake! That is so cute. Cali is such a doll.

Jenny said...

Please don't tell me that the drama gets kicked up a notch at every birthday! Hayley is only 18 months old and I'm thinking, "What did I get myself into!" Ha ha ha!

The cake turned out great and Cali definitely racked in the goods. She is so cute!

And you look good too! By the way, JR's hair is getting long! Tell him that I want him to grow it into a mullet...I would love to see that!

Kendra said...

Gotta love those princesses! Such a cute cake! Where in the world did you get the idea? I am glad that it made the long trip. Cali is lucky to have such a great family!