Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weeks Girls Night Out

Ever since my dad took JR and my other bro-in-laws out to Red Lobster (yeah, not fair) after the Priesthood Session of Conference, my sisters and I have wanted to do something fun together - without the kids :). So, yesterday we went out on the town! We went and got pedicures in this great place on State Street and about 6000 south in Salt Lake. It was only $20 for a nice pedicure! And they had way comfy massage chairs to relax in while we got our feet pampered. It seriously was so nice, and it was so much fun to hang out with my mom, sisters, and niece Erin.

Afterwards we went to Leatherby's (yummmm!) and enjoyed dinner and, of course, excellent ice cream. We all shared each other's ice cream, which meant lots of yummy flavors. Mmmmmm :). We talked and talked and had so much fun together. It's amazing how nice it is talking without getting interrupted by our kids. We could actually enjoy adult conversation! So, of course we acted like dorks :P. And, since we obviously don't get out much, we had to take our camera's along!

Here's half of us enjoying our pedicures: Erin, Annika, and Nicky.


Here's my mom and sister Heather. Doesn't my mom look so relaxed :).


Here is a picture taken by my 'cool' sister Nicky. This is Annika enjoying the nasty tea they gave us to drink. I think she's faking the enjoyment....


Here's a 'very cool' self portrait of Nicky. It's nice when your sisters take blackmail pics of themselves :D.


Here's me looking sexy and relaxed in my awesome massage chair. Nicky, I think the pic is a little crooked.... Oh, wait, she called it "artistic" :P.


Here's all of our lovely finished toes. Don't we look so pretty! And, I have to say, we have some nice looking feet!


Yes, we made the lady at the nail shop take a million pictures of us. Thankfully Nicky explained that we don't get out much, so I'm sure they understood :D.

Here's all of us at Leatherby's: Nicky, Erin, Annika, Mom, Heather (yes, she's a natural blond ;D) and me. I took this pic myself! I know, I have such talent. And apparently some long arms.

Here's me looking very cool in Nicky's sunglasses. I think she was jealous of how fabulous I looked.

Yep, she was definitely jealous :D. Ah, sisterly affection. Oh, and I swear my tongue isn't really that pointy.

Here's all of us enjoying our ice cream. Thanks Nicky for getting the yummy blue bubble gum ice cream. I LOVE bubble gum ice cream! But only because it's a truly adult flavor :D.

Thanks ladies for such a fun night! I think we should do it again. I have next weekend available... :).

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Make is a black party next time and I'll be there!

Steph said...

Girls nights are a must have! I'm glad you had such a fun time! Pedicures will do the trick for sure. Those pics of 18 month old Isaac so cute! They grow up to fast. He is just adorable.

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun. But I will NEVER forgive you for going to Leatherby's without me...

...never...

Tiff said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe how much Heather has changed since last time I saw her!!!

Melissa said...

How fun. I think I will suggest this to my Mom and sisters.