Sunday, November 23, 2008

Doesn't Get Much Better Than This: Twilight and Coldplay

To put it lightly, this week has been quite the crazy week. But as busy and crazy as it's been, you can't go wrong when you end your week with one amazing thing, let alone two! As I'm sure all of you know, the Twilight movie came out this week. As cool as going to see the movie was, what made it even cooler was getting to see it on Thursday night at six p.m. - a whole six hours before it was released! How am I so lucky you ask? My sister Heather was part of an Allyse's Bridal prom dress fashion show that went on in a few theatres in the SL/Utah county areas as part of the Twilight movie opening. Since the fashion shows brought in tons of money for the theatres involved, they decided to reward the girls by letting them see the Twilight movie Thursday night instead of having to wait until Friday. So my sister Heather got ten tickets to the early showing and lovingly let JR and I have two of those tickets. THANKS HEATHER!!! It was such a blast finally getting to see the Twilight movie. I have to say I didn't love every single thing about it, but it was still really really good and I can't wait to see it again.


Now as if going to see Twilight wouldn't make my entire week fantastic, JR and I also got to go to the Coldplay concert on Saturday night. Can you say amazing?! I have wanted to go see them in concert for so long, so when I heard they were coming to town I knew I had to get tickets. Even though we were in the nose bleeds, it was such an amazing concert and JR and I had the best time! They are such a talented group and their live performance was brilliant. It's probably one of the best concerts, if not the best concert I've ever been to. Enjoy some pics from the concert! I know these pics don't have the best detail, so just click on them to make them bigger.

You can see the lead singer, Chris Martin, in the middle. He was such a great performer. He's vocals are amazing, and he's so crazy good on the piano he could be a concert pianist.

Here's Chris rockin out on one of the side stages with his guitarist. He was so entertaining. It was awesome!

Here's JR and I enjoying the concert. We were in the nose bleeds, but the view was amazing! If you look closely you can see Chris on stage right by JR's shoulder :).

Here's Chris on the side stage with all the confetti that came down during one of their last songs.

Here's the band with Chris on the piano in the middle. I loved what he did when he was at the piano. Amazing!

Enjoy a little taste from the concert:

9 comments:

Steph said...

Wow you spoiled thing! Two fun things in one weekend! I also went and saw the Twilight movie this weekend, but no coldplay going on here! I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

Jeanette said...

Wow!! What a fun week! I haven't read the twilight series yet, but I think I will soon! I love the picture of you and JR!

Jason and Joy said...

Very cool! I love Coldplay! I bet that was an awesome concert! I feel like I am one of the only people that hasn't gone and seen Twilight yet....Hopefully I can this week!

Angela said...

I am totally obsesssd with Coldplay and would love to go to a concert someday! How exciting! Twilight on the other hand....I'm not so obsessed with. Glad you had a good time though!

Angel Dawn said...

That is awesome that you got to see Coldplay!! I am jealous. It was a blast a few years ago seeing them in Vegas. Now J.R. has seen them twice. See you guys in a few days!! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR said...

ROCK ON COLDPLAY!!!! I'm listening to them at this very moment. So good, so fun. Thanks for a wonderful evening and an amazing week. I love you!

Jenny said...

How fun! It looks like you are holding a red beer mug in that picture of you and JR at the concert. I was like, "Heck yeah she had a good time!!!"

I got to see Twilight this weekend, too. It was so good! You're right. I want to see it again right now. We'll have to chat about it!

Kristen said...

Haha! You're right Jenny, it does look like I have a mug in my hand. I remember thinking when the girl behind us took the pic that I should probably move my hand because it looked wierd. But of course I didn't. I'm so glad you finally got to see Twilight! We'll totally have to chat about it!

JR said...

Tag! http://www.onegreatwhole.com/2008/11/ive-been-tagged-seriously.html