Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kid Tag :)


Cali has been tagged, so I get to brag about her :). Here are ten things you may or may not know about Cali:

1- Cali's full name is Calista Rose. I love her name, but we never call her that :).

2- When Cali was 15 months old she burned her hand really badly on a hair straightener and had to go to the U of U burn center for skin grafts. She wore a burn glove for another 15 months. She's doing wonderfully now and her scared hand doesn't seem to hinder her at all. She still has to go into the U of U for appointments every year or so. The doctors will keep tabs on her until she's basically done growing to make sure her scar grows ok. She might have to have another surgery, but so far so good :).


3- Cali is one of the most sociable little girls you'll ever meet. She loves saying hi to new people, loves making friends, and is one of the nicest little girls out there :). She wins over everyone!

4- Cali has a really good ear for music. She picks out songs she's heard on the piano. The first song she picked out was "Ode to Joy", and she was just barely three years old! Her nursery teachers said she played it for them and they about died! It was really cute :).

5- Cali has an incredibly good memory. She remembers songs on the radio and will tell me the names of songs after hearing them only two or three times. Yesterday she heard the name Crystal and she said, "Mom, that was the name of the lady who helped clean my teeth." It took me a minute to remember what she was talking about because it had been a month since we went to the dentist, but she still remembered the name of the dental hygienist.

6- Cali has always been a really good eater, but lately she's been taking after her dad as to some of the things she likes to eat. She's been eating green olives and she even ate some salt and vinegar potato chips JR gave her. She DEFINITELY gets that from JR.

7- Cali has a really good imagination. I don't get phased now when Cali talks about playing with monsters and queens and turtles named Shelby. She might even have an imaginary friend or two... :). She is always making up songs and stories and jokes. She's quite the entertainer :).

8- Along with Cali having a good ear for music, she has excellent rhythm. If she's not singing a song she's clapping out the rhythm. She's been like that for as long as I can remember. When she did her little dance camp performance a few weeks ago she was really on beat with the music, and that was her first official week of dance - ever! Maybe it's the dancer in me that wants Cali to dance too, but I really think she loves dancing and I know she has a good ear for it :).


9- Cali is an excellent communicator and has been since she was really young. She LOVES to talk and if you're willing she'll talk to you forever (can't imagine where she gets that from ;). She is very articulate and likes learning and using new and big words. She definitely gets that from her dad :). Cali recently gave her first talk in primary. Out of the other kids in her class that participated she was the only one that you could understand perfectly. She did such a good job :).

10- Cali is such a good big sister. She loves Isaac and plays with him really well. She loves making him laugh and is always giving him hugs and kisses. She's a good little babysitter too and if I'm in the other room she'll tell me if Isaac is getting into things or if he needs me. She's a really good helper and I don't know what I'd do without her!

Cali would now like to tag Brianne Skowronek, Kyle Jennings, Jordyn Pearson, Kurt Benson, Ethan Millette, and Caleb Winfree.

5 comments:

Ali said...

What a cute post!

Stina said...

I love your little Cali! She is so special. It will be fun to watch her grow up and see who she becomes. She has a gift to make people (me) feel special because of that memory of hers!

Shannon said...

I love that she likes to talk as much as you! That made me laugh a lot. You have very cute kids!

nicole said...

This was fun to read! I can't believe Cali was only 15 months old when she burned her hand! Isaac and Beauen are that old...she seemed so much older! I'll let Brianne know that she's been tagged so she can start thinking about what she wants to share. :D

Jenny said...

I loved reading this! Cali is so cute. What a sweet girl.