Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Radiation Update

For those of you keeping tabs on me here's an update. I haven't started radiation yet. I'm getting a second opinion tomorrow from a radiologist up in Salt Lake, so I'm looking forward to that. From there I'll just take it one step at a time. The good news is that if I do need to get radiation I'm feeling much better about it. I was really scared at first, but now I figure if it can help me and increase my chances of not having a recurrence then it's worth it. I love my family and friends, so I'm going to do all I can to stick around just for you :-).

I need to give a big THANK YOU to all of you who have extended your love and support, as well as your opinions about what I should do. I can't tell you how much that helps me. I have the best friends and family in the world! I don't know how I could do any of this without knowing that I have such amazing support behind me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your comments, e-mails, and words of wisdom. I know I'm not alone in this. With all your love and support behind me I feel like I can make it through anything. So, for those of you who didn't think your words would help, just know that it's because of every single one of you that I'm able to think positively and move forward without fear. That, and my faith in my Savior. I love you guys so much. Thank you for everything.

I'll continue to keep you posted!!!

8 comments:

britta said...

RADIATION?! You will have to feel me in on that. I am so glad to hear from you. We are doing great. We live in Herriman. I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a banker he does commercial lending for JP Morgan Chase. How is Nikki? I hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing from you again.

britta said...

RADIATION?! You will have to feel me in on that. I am so glad to hear from you. We are doing great. We live in Herriman. I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a banker he does commercial lending for JP Morgan Chase. How is Nikki? I hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing from you again.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you are feeling at peace with your decisions. Hang in there! I'm here for you! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

I love you, Amish!

Angelica and Bryan said...

Call me and let me know what the Doc says. I love you!

Angelica and Bryan said...

And also I love the new hair do! You look beautiful!

Shannon said...

Hey! Your hair is cute. I love you as a blond. I wish you well with all the cancer stuff. I have no experience, so I don't have any advice, but I love you and I'm praying for you. By the way, my blog background is from www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Kristen - I am glad that you found my blog. Now we can keep in touch! Your family is so cute! Sorry to hear about the medical issues. I think that you are smart to get a second opinion. Remember how you and JR hooked up on your first date...and kissed/made out in the backseat of my car! Funny memories!

Jeff said...

I'm sorry JR, but it's scary how much you look like your dad in that "happy spring" picture at the top of the right hand column.