Wednesday, May 14, 2008

101 Reasons Why I Love JR

In honor of JR and I celebrating our 7th anniversary today, I wanted to let him know just how wonderful he is and why I love him so much. So here's 101 reasons why he's the best hubby ever:



1- He tells me he loves me every day.
2- He loves being home with me and the kids.
3- He's planning on surprising me with something(s) for our anniversary! I can't wait!
4- He has the best, most genuine loud laugh ever. I love it!
5- He is the reason why I'm better able to express my feelings.
6- He lets me speak my mind and doesn't freak out if I'm upset.
7- He's very patient to listen to me, even if it takes a while.
8- He's the first to apologize after an argument.
9- Both being Psych majors, we love figuring stuff out together to make our relationship better.
10- He's constantly trying to better himself in ways that amaze me.
11- He gave me two of the most beautiful children ever!
12- He LOVES being a dad and is so great with the kids.
13- He honors his priesthood and can give me blessings when I need them.
14- He loves to cook and spoils me with amazing meals!
15- He cleans the bathroom for me!
16- He sings Cali songs before she goes to bed.
17- He teaches our children the gospel and shares his testimony.
18- He is SOOO smart and remembers almost everything he hears, reads, etc.
19- He is the Sr. Primary chorister and absolutely loves his calling!
20- He is so great with kids.
21- He plays the piano and even plays the organ in church!
22- He's not afraid (like me) to share his talents with others.
23- He's very artistic and drew a picture of me as a gift for our wedding.
24- He makes me feel beautiful and tells me that I am all the time.
25- He plays the guitar!!!
26- He loves languages and knows two, plus understands parts of others.
27- He fulfills his male role of understanding electronics so I don't have to :-).
28- He watches chick flicks with me and actually doesn't mind them!
29- He loves talking almost as much as I do :-).
30- He has written me songs and sings them to me.
31- He has a beautiful singing voice!
32- He lets me do things my way when I get perfectionistic.
33- He likes spending time with me.
34- We're currently reading the Twilight book together and he actually likes it!
35- He helps me be my best.
36- He's a generous tipper.
37- He is kind to everyone around him.
38- He gets his feelings hurt sometimes when I'm sarcastic. He's not as sarcastic and I actually think it's sweet :-).
39- He helps me with all my issues :-).
40- He makes me feel safe.
41- He is so strong and supportive.
42- He is such a great dad and will put the kids to bed all by himself!
43- He irons his own shirts.
44- He likes to dress well.
45- He looks dang sexy - in whatever he's wearing!
46- He has beautiful blue eyes and (no-fair) long eyelashes.
47- He makes me yummy birthday cakes.
48- He works very hard to support our family so that I can stay home with the kids.
49- He helps me with my church callings.
50- He helps me make hard decisions.
51- He supports me when I'm having a hard day.
52- We both enjoy good food, fun restaurants, and eating healthy (well,most of the time :-).
53- He admits when he's wrong.
54- He is very knowledgeable about the gospel and I learn a lot from him.
55- He is an amazing teacher - whether it's primary or gospel doctrine.
56- He is also an amazing speaker. He loves it when we give talks in church!
57- He loves his family and is a great big brother.
58- He's like the son my father never had - they're so much alike it's scary!
59- He's honest with me, and doesn't just say something because he thinks it's what I want to hear.
60- He takes care of me when I'm sick. He even fed me pudding after my surgery!
61- He lets me talk him into giving me foot rubs :-).
62- He's patient with me when I sleep in or stay up late.
63- He's just as weird and crazy as I am!
64- I trust him with my life.
65- He makes me smile :-).
66- He'll buy me candy because he knows it makes me happy :-D.
67- He wrote the first talk Cali gave in church and helped her give it.
68- He tells me when he buys a Coke because he feels guilty :-).
69- He enjoys a challenge.
70- He is such a proud daddy :-).
71- He enjoys my cooking.
72- He is extremely eloquent and sweet, especially when he tells me how he feels about me.
73- He loves the sound of my voice.
74- He encourages me to get out of my comfort zone.
75- He thinks I'm funny :-).
76- He makes me feel good about myself.
77- He openly shares personal things with me.
78- He helps me with the kids as much as he can.
79- He would rather stay home with me and the kids than do anything else.
80- He stays up late with me, even when he has to get up early the next day.
81- He gets up with the kids at night.
82- He has a beautiful smile that lights up his whole face :-D.
83- He is an INCREDIBLE kisser! (sorry, I know, TMI)
84- He cooks dinner for the family when I have no clue what to make (or am just being lazy :-).
85- Some Sundays he plays primary songs on the piano and sings with Cali. It's so sweet :-).
86- He does silly things to make the kids laugh.
87- He likes to hear me sing and gets mad when I say I don't like my voice.
88- He tells me how great I look after having two kids :-).
89- He never raises his voice, even when he's angry.
90- He's patient with me when I get overenthusiastic about something.
91- He loves to visit Snow College and reminisce about how me met.
92- He'll warm up my feet when they get cold.
93- He encourages me to do things that make me happy.
94- He loves to ask me deep questions to know what I'm thinking.
95- I trust him to trim my eyebrows, and he doesn't mind doing it!
96- He makes me laugh :-).
97- He is so good looking I think people wonder how I snagged him!
98- He loves me despite all my faults.
99- He's a very deep thinker and always has something important on his mind.
100- He's my best friend and I love simply being with him.
101- He is the love of my life and I'm so grateful he's mine!

JR- I feel so privileged to be the one that gets to share everything with you. All the little moments of the day that I have with you mean the world to me. We've gone through so much together and have grown so close that I can't wait to see what the rest of life holds for us. Thank you for all your love and support, and for everything you do each day to show me that you love me. I love you sweetheart! Happy Anniversary!


P.S. I can't WAIT to enjoy these next few days together :-).

8 comments:

JR said...

I'm speechless. You're more generous than I deserve. I love you. Here's to the rest of our eternity together! MWA!

The Steele family said...

congrats on 7 years that is great.

Jenny said...

I think i've seen something like this before...hmmm... :0)

Cute little tribute. Question though, on this one:
3- He's planning on surprising me with something(s) for our anniversary! I can't wait!

Is he really planning something, or is that your smooth way of asking him to? Ha ha!

Congrats on 7 years. You are seriously so old, it blows my mind. Have a great Anniversary! Tell Dot Dot hi for me!

Jessica Durham said...

7 years?!?!?! Wow, time goes by fast--and you don't look a day older. Your tribute to J.R. was beautiful--I almost fell in love with him after reading it. Congratulations.

Keelee said...

Awwwe cute!!! Hope you had a great anniversary... I did my part and made you look smoken, so at least that part's covered. How are you liken it??

Kristen said...

Thanks you guys. Our anniversary was a blast!

Thanks Keelee, JR thought my hair was pretty dang hot :-). Thanks so much for your help in surprising him. I'm going to attempt to style my hair by myself for the first time today, so I'll let you know how it goes :-). I love it though!

Jenny, I know it's a shock but JR actually DID surprise me for our anniversary! I think this is probably the first time since we were first married :-). He did a great job, so things can always change....you know, once you're old married like me :-D.

Jenny said...

WHERE'S A PICTURE OF THIS SMOKIN' HAIR?!?!?!

I'm dying to see it!

Jeff said...

Congratulations, you guys. I can't believe it's been seven years. It's things like that that make me feel old. By the way, I still love that tux. It's so JR.