Monday, March 31, 2008

The Twilight Series


Ok, so I have so much to update on our blog, but I have been completely consumed for the past week and a half by the Twilight series. I blame it on my sister Nicky because she's the one who gave me the first book. Once I started reading it I had to get the other two! I've never been a big reader, so the fact that I read 1700 pages in a week and a half makes me almost proud of myself - if it wasn't for me having to neglect everything else in my life to do it :-). JR was really patient and encouraging, though, so it was fun. He even endured all my stories explaining what I was reading! I really enjoyed the books and I can't wait for the fourth one to come out in August. I'm also way excited for the movie that's coming out in December. I'll have JR watch the movie with me so he can see what it's all about, because my stories don't do it justice! I know all of you out there have probably already read the series and I know I'm a little slow, but I figure better late than never! Please comment and tell me about your love of the series so I know I'm not alone!

6 comments:

Emily Shaw said...

I have no problem admitting that I, too, am obsessed with the Twilight Series. I know so many people who are! I am not completely excited about the movie because the actors don't do, what I picture, the Cullens family justice. I mean, "MY" Edward is much more breathtaking than the actor they chose. I read the first book in 24 hours, the second in 30 hours and the third took me longer because I had to study for a test. :(

Aren't husbands great when they put up with having 'no wife' for a week? :)

Jenny said...

You read a book? Wow......I am speechless.....really.......my jaw is on the floor........I didn't know that you actually COULD read (no offense, of course)......wow.....not sure what to say................wow......

Jenny said...

And P.S. Those books are great. I read the fist one way fast, and I've been trying for months to find time to read the others. For some reason, Hayley throws a tantrum when I read. I guess she wants my attention. I dare she!

Jenny said...

I was just re-reading my comments. Wow, I promise I know how to spell! It was late, that's all. Please don't think I'm dumb!

Kristen said...

I don't think you're dumb Jenny, but from your first comment I kinda think you're rude! That was just mean! You owe me some serious treats now.

Little Lovables said...

I'm so glad to find others who are in love with the series! I am upset at Bella right now, because Edward deserves someone better, but I can't wait to read the 4th!