Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cali the Decorator

Cali has always had an interesting way of playing. Most of the time, instead of actually "playing" with her toys, she likes to decorate. Well, I guess it would still be considered playing, but the way she does it is so facinating! She's definitely got a sence of order and organization (she must get that from me :-). I'll go up the stairs and find that she's put her books, necklaces, or other items on each step and in a particular pattern or order. I know she's my daughter, so of course I'm biased, but it really is amazing to me how she puts things together. Here are a few pics of some of her creations:


This is just a small taste of the patterns Cali has created.

During Christmas time, right after we put our tree up,
Cali decided that I was taking too long to decorate it,
so she did it herself!


Yesterday, I tryied to go up the stairs, only to find this -
the monkey throne. It cracked me up how quickly she had
thrown it together, and how well the monkey was accessorized -
with sunglasses and bracelets. The only thing he was missing
were two smaller monkeys standing on either side fanning him
with large leaves.


She was so proud of her work!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

She's very creative! I absolutely LOVE that monkey throne!

Melissa said...

TOO CUTE!! Hayley loved her organized piles since playtime began. She's still the same. It's a great trait! Keep snapping those pictures!

Angel Dawn said...

I have to agree that the money throne rocks! Such creativity - it's got to be fun to see it come out in your children. =)