Monday, March 31, 2008

Go Snow!!!

Since JR has been working about 16 hours a day for the past five weeks or so he decided to take the Monday after Easter off to spend with us. He surprised me and planned a trip to Snow College, where JR and I met. We really love Ephraim and Snow, so it was lots of fun taking the kids there. We ate at Fat Jacks Pizza and walked around campus. It was nice because it was during a school day there so we were able to see some of our old teachers and wander through some of the school buildings. I even got to see my old drill team teacher Kathleen Pili, and it just made me miss drill and school there at Snow even more. We really had a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed being outside and spending the day as a family.


I love the Noyes building. Not only is it beautiful, but it was right across the street from my college dorm my first year there and I got to stare out my window and see it every day. Lots of good memories!!!

In the Noyes Building.


The new bell tower. This wasn't there when I went to Snow, but it's pretty cool anyways :-).

Isaac had a blast walking around.

Kathleen and I. I miss Drill!

JR was taking all the pictures around campus, so I made him pose for one. Thanks sweetie for an awesome day!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sniff, sniff...why don't you just rub it in??????????????????

As if I don't miss Snow enough as it is! Maybe J.R. should call Daniel and give him that great idea for us to do on a date. How thoughtful.

And do you really have fond memories of staring at the Noyes building? After all, that was when we lived in the dorms...with our Japanese roommate that kidnapped our dishes and held them for ransom. Oh, the good old days.

You saw Kathleen? How is she? Did she remember you?

I am so jealous. Thanks for not inviting me to go with you. Thanks for not saving me any cheese sticks. Thanks for bring back the memories of the dorms. Thanks for visiting with all my old teachers without me there. Thanks for nothing.

-Your ex-friend,
Jenny

Jenny said...

(sorry, I didn't check for spelling errors)

P.S. SNOW RULES!

Kristen said...

I know, I'm such a mean friend to not invite you. Fat Jacks was really jummy :-D.

Of course Kathleen remembered me! I was like her favorite! - Ok, yeah she remembered me and I was a little surprised :-). She asked about you and how you were doing. She's so funny. It was fun seeing her. If it makes you feel any better she's the only teacher that I knew well that we saw. JR saw a few teachers at the institute, but he knew them better than I did.

I miss our dorm and our cool dish stealing roommate...good times. I miss rockin it out to loud music and jumping on our beds when we didn't have anything better to do because we had no boyfriends. I miss pushing you across the Noyes building grass on our way home from drill and watching you fly!!! No one else understands how funny that was :-D.

GOOD TIMES!!! Sorry we didn't invite you. JR surprised me the morning of, so you wouldn't have made it there in time (if that makes you feel any better :-). That would be way fun to plan a day to hang out there together. But we'd have to invite all our crazy roommates back too. As wierd as some of them were it adds to the fun memories :-).

Remember that one time...you know...when we were friends??? You know you love me because I give you fudge!