Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Joseph B. Wirthlin

I just heard this morning that Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away yesterday. For several years now he has been one of my favorites, if not my favorite member of the Quorum of the Twelve. I have enjoyed his talks and his humor. Because he seemed to struggle more than the other members of the Twelve with public speaking, he seemed even more real to me. I could relate with him on having a fear of public speaking :). He wasn't a perfect man, but he was willing to give everything he had to the Lord even if it was hard. His example has really meant a lot to me, and his talks have been some of my favorites. I will truly miss his counsel, his humor, and his humble sweet disposition. He was a man of God and I know he is in His rest now. I will miss him.

Joseph B. Wirthlin
June 11, 1917 - Dec. 1, 2008

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I was saddened to hear this news as well. I especially loved his most recent talk in the October General Conference. I will miss listening to him