Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know this post is a little late in coming, but I had such a busy Thanksgiving weekend I feel like I'm still trying to recover! It was an awesome weekend, though, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with all of you :). Thanksgiving this year was spent at JR's grandparent's home in Pleasant Grove. All of JR's siblings were there, including his brother Aaron, his wife Angel, and six month old A.J. that drove down from Idaho. It really was a lot of fun spending some quality time with the Peterson/Hutton/Nelson clan and the food was, of course, amazing.

Here's the feast room after the feast. I was too busy enjoying my meal to take a picture of everyone eating :).

Here's the clan relaxing after dinner. Someone put on Baby Einstein for A.J. to watch and somehow everyone ended up watching it with her. It was pretty funny :P.

Here's us with JR holding A.J.. She just keeps getting bigger every time I see her! And by big, I really mean big. She's a little chunk! But that's how we like babies :).

Here's Cali with aunt Rachel, Isaac, and JR's cousin John's little boy Cameron. They had a blast playing together.

Here's A.J. looking cute as ever in her festive Christmas outfit. It was the day after Thanksgiving so I'll allow it :). (Yes I'm a fan of not celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving - but after Thanksgiving I'm all about Christmas!!!)


***

Since this year was the 'off' year for my family, meaning it was the year that everyone spends Thanksgiving with their in-laws, my family decided to get together for dinner on Sunday. I have to say that as good as Thanksgiving dinner was, Sunday dinner was pretty dang good too :D. We ate good food, played games, and had a lovely evening together. I took a lot of pictures because usually I forget my camera when I go to my parents house, so I had to make up for it this time. Enjoy!

My niece Erin, brother Mark, bro-in-law Jay, and brother Cory in the love sac.

Everyone enjoying dinner in my parents sun room. Love that room!

Here's my sister Nicky and her hubby Jason. You're lucky I didn't post the other pic that you took of yourself Jason. It was S-E-X-Y! This one is nice too :).

My mom was sweet and fed Isaac for me. He loves his grandma :). And he loves food, so he was happy :).

Here's Isaac's new stinker face. What a cheese head!

Here's my cute mom and dad.

My sis Nicky and I voguing it up for the camera. And, I have to say, looking rather festive in red and green!

Here's my sis Heather, sis Annika and her hubby Jay. Annika and Jay, you look lovely. Heather...not so much :P.

Cali and her cousin Brianne showing off the new princess barbie dolls my mom let them play with. They're about two weeks apart, and inseparable when we get together.

Here are the guys watching funny stuff on YouTube. JR, brother Jeff, brother Cory, bro-in-law Jay, and brother Mark.

Here's Isaac with his cousin Beauen. They're also about two weeks apart and I'm sure will be little terrors as they get older :). At least they're cute :). Oh, JR you're cute too.

Here's Isaac giving loves to his cousin Nathan. He's getting so big!

Right before we left my parents house they gave everyone Advent calendars. I love it and Cali really enjoys putting the charms on it. Now she knows how many days until Christmas! Thanks mom and dad :). We had a really great time with everyone and had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend. Nothing like good food and family to enjoy the holidays!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I miss getting to gether at the big gatherings. Maybe next year. BTW I really love that hair color on you. Really!

Steph said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! How wonderful to live close to family. I also liked your post about Joseph B. Wirthlin. How touching, he is seriously one of my fav's so his sweet sense of humor and his talks and stories I will cherish those!

Jenny said...

Your family is so cute. Seriously. And who's that sassy beauty queen with the auburn hair? Oh wait! That's you!

And I never realized until just now how much Isaac looks like your mom. Wow! Cute cute!

And now I'm intrigued about this other picture of Jason!