Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

It has been FOREVER since I've carved pumpkins. I think it's one of those activities that I want to do for Halloween, but never end up getting around to it. Well, thanks to some free pumpkins from my parents, we decided to make sure we carved pumpkins this year. Cali was also good to not let us forget :). So, for FHE this week we carved pumpkins. I felt bad because there wasn't much Cali could do when we got started. It would have been a little tricky for her to cut the pumpkin, but she did pick out the face she wanted and was still excited watching JR and I carve, so all in all it was a really fun activity for everyone (well, except for maybe Isaac who I'm sure felt neglected :). Enjoy the pics of our creations!

This is the face Cali picked out: a scary scream face. I think it's a great likeness, don't you? :D I carved this one for her and she enjoyed watching me.

Here's Isaac with his Isaac inspired pumpkin. JR drew this one based off of Isaac. I think it turned out great! Look at that resemblance! JR has a gift for carving pumpkins :).

Here's me with my pumpkin of choice: StrongBad. Yeah for homestarrunner pumpkin pencil sketches!

Here's JR's pumpkin of choice: Homsar from homestarrunner. It's pretty funny if you're familiar with the website :).

Here's a better look at the Isaac pumpkin. Kinda creepy, but still cute :).

Here's my sexy husband and all the pumpkins. I think his face is a mixture of Homsar and the scream face from Cali's pumpkin...nice :D. JR and I each did two, and it didn't even take as long as I thought! We're definitely going to make this a yearly tradition.

Happy Halloween everyone!

5 comments:

The Steele family said...

Great job on the pumpkins they are great mine never turn out when I cute them.

Haylee said...

Your pumpkins looks awesome! I love the picture of Cali, she is such a doll! I bet she keeps you guys laughing constantly!

Jenny said...

Those pumpkins are awesome! Ha ha! My favorite is the picture of Cali by her pumpkin. Wow. That's all I can say!

Tiff said...

Wow! You guys are good at carving! I'm jealous!!! I love the one that looks like Isaac!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!! I am impressed with your artistic talents! Wish we could have seen your pumpkins in real life! XOXOXOX