Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Starting to Feel the Holiday Spirit...


I know it's only mid October (which I'm still in denial about) but there are certain smells that tend to get me excited about the holidays. Today JR was in the mood for cookies. I had seen an easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe on my friend Sharla's blog and, since we had a leftover can of pumpkin from last season, we thought we'd give it a try. Oh, and by 'we' I mean JR (but in my defence I was getting some dinner ready). So JR started whipping the cookies together and before I knew it my home smelled like pumpkin spice. It gave me this warm and cozy feeling, like I needed some peppermint hot chocolate and a fire place. And it made me excited for snow and all the holidays that are associated with this time of year. Now, don't get me wrong, I can go a few weeks or longer without having to deal with the cold, and snow. But all of the other things associated with this time of year I'm starting to really get excited about. Either that, or those cookies were just really really good :).
For those of you wishing to join me in this moment of holiday spirit, here's the cookie recipe (thanks Sharla!):

Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Spice Cake Mix (or white/yellow cake mix plus cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice)
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips (or more if you like :)

Mix & bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.

Again, these were super easy and super yummy. Just make sure you have a glass of milk handy. You're definitely going to need it!

5 comments:

Stina said...

These are the best!!! I love Fall! Thanks for the idea of going up Hobble Creek--I've been up twice since seeing it on your blog!!

Jenny said...

I WANT ONE!

Jason and Joy said...

These are my new favorite cookie!!

Tiff said...

I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies - they are my favorite!!! I will definitely have to try out this recipe.

Nicole said...

ooohh...i found this recipe on a blog and i have made them so many times this month. yeah. i won't tell you how many times because it's pathetic! But I LOOOOOVE fall. And all the holidays. It's just so warm and cozy.
Love Isaacs cute cute pics too. He is so adorable!