Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Girls Weekend

Last weekend my girlfriends from high school and I all got together for a fun over-nighter. We ate at Cheesecake Factory (yum!), we watched improv comedy at the Off Broadway Theatre in Salt Lake, and we stayed overnight at the Hilton Suites hotel. We never get to see each other, so every little while we try to get together for some bonding time. This weekend was so much fun I think we definitely need to make it an annual event.

As my friend Jenny and I were waiting to get into the Cheesecake Factory (we waited for over an hour and a half! But it was worth it :) we ran into another friend from high school, Lisz. How lucky are we! We had a great time catching up, and it made the wait go by much quicker :).

Us girls at Cheesecake Factory. Melisa, Jenny, Tiffany, and me.

Hanging out before the improv comedy show.

We got Melisa and Tiffany up on stage. They did such a great job!

Enjoying our cheesecake after the improv show. Shannon couldn't do dinner or the show with us, but she joined us at the hotel. Melisa, me, Tiffany, and Shannon (with Jenny taking the pic :).

Out hotel was so nice! It had a kitchen, living room, and a separate room for the bedroom and bathroom. We had a blast there. We stayed up until after 4 am before we decided to crash. We had a lot to catch up on!

Jenny and I being our usual cool selves :).

On Monday we ended up going out to lunch with another high school friend Jessica. She had to work over the weekend and couldn't come, so we had lunch with her instead :).

All of us enjoying lunch at Ruby Tuesday. Tiffany, Jenny, Isaac with the sippy cup :), me, Jessica, Shannon, and her daughter Hailey. Cali was there too, but she was probably under the table or something. Crazy girl :).

11 comments:

Shannon said...

That was so much fun! It's funny to read everyones different stories about that weekend. We should definitely do it again next year!

Jason and Joy said...

That sounds like so much fun. I need a get together like that with my friends!

Steph said...

Thats awesome! What a great thing to do to take time for yourself it is much needed sometimes! I have done girls nights but not overnights i will have to try that sometime!!

Jenny said...

We are such party animals. Woo hoo! I can't wait for next year so we can do it again. What a blast!

Thanks for booking us the mega-cool hotel room! Seriously it was awesome.

Tiff said...

Yes, Kristen, we will bow down to you once again for the awesome hotel room! I think you drilled it into our heads that you are amazing! LOL! Seriously, though, I had a GREAT time.

Wilde Family said...

Oh, wow, how much fun. I'm dying to do something like this. Funny how we can love our kids and husbands sooo much, but how we still need a little time away to be with our girlfriends every now and then, huh!

Jeanette said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I love the pictures :)

The Millette Family said...

I am so glad you got to have a girls weekend! Every mom needs a few days away! Girls weekends are truely the best!

Melissa said...

Girls only are so much fun!

Nicole said...

What a blast! Wow. I am going to have to plan something like this. Seriously, so fun!!

Wilde Family said...

I really should go look up your email address, but since I'm lazy I'm going to answer your Primary Program questions here. Hope you don't mind! No, I didn't really do anything in particular to help the kids memorize their lines. They were sooo good about it anyway-- just keep reminding them to practice it at home. During the big practice, I think we marked who had it memorized and who didn't and said we'd give a treat to whoever had it memorized (how is it that I can't remember for sure?). And no, we didn't have a copy of it on the stand for the kids to look at (during the real thing or during the practice). I had a copy with me, though, and I would stand up with them if I noticed they were struggling. Again, I marked on my copy who might need help and who had it down pat. If you offer them a crutch to begin with, they'll take it. Additional advice? Don't stress about it. It'll be wonderful regardless of whether or not kids have their lines memorized. I do have to say I'm SOOOO sad I'm missing it, though. Our CO ward just had their Program last Sunday, and it made me miss our Primary sooo much. I loved those kids like crazy. I hope you're enjoying it!