Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Beautiful Fall Night

I love this time of year. I love the changing of the leaves and needing a light jacket. The only down side of Fall is that it's over so quickly. Some years I don't even get a chance to take a drive to see the leaves. So this year I made sure my family and I got to enjoy this beautiful season fully. We took a drive for FHE up Hobble Creek Canyon this week. It was a short drive, but gorgeous. It was so fun being outside in nature with JR and my kids. Cali and Isaac loved being outside. Especially Isaac, who, since turning 17 months, has decided to be even that much more independent. He just took off on the trail without a backward glance. Stinker :). It was so nice spending time together as a family, and getting to enjoy nature as well. I really need to do that more often!

This picture makes me smile. Isaac was totally being a boy - stomping around and loving his freedom. He looked so cute in his new jacket too :).

How beautiful is that?! It really was a perfect night to look at the leaves... and to take pictures :).

So cute. Too bad we couldn't get them each to look at the same time...

Look at those leaves! JR's not bad looking either :).

Cali busied herself with gathering leaves. They were so pretty she held on to them the whole way home and I put them on our counter for decoration.

Cali just gave him back the rock he threw. Look how happy he is!

I had to include this pic. He was so mad that JR wouldn't let him wander wherever he wanted when it was time to go home. He's a stinker, but he's cute :).

It was getting dark when we left, but it was still beautiful. We need to go back there again soon!!!

9 comments:

Stina said...

That's just gorgeous!!! If the weather's still nice, maybe we can head out there too! I can't believe the leaves!!!

Steph said...

Wow those are beautiful pictures!! I love this time of year as well and It does pass by us way to fast!

Jason and Joy said...

Yep- we took pictures in the same spot at Hobble Creek - wasn't it just gorgeous up there!? I love this time of year too.....it's my favorite!

The Winwards said...

Those are such cute pictures, I am with you, I love this time of year. What a cute family.

Ali said...

Glad you guys were able to take the walk when you did due to the fact that the snow seems to want to come early! ;o) The pictures are beautiful!

Angela said...

Great pictures. I too, love fall and I just wish it lasted longer. Darn winter!

Melissa said...

I LOVE moments like this!
CUTE FAMILY!

Kendra said...

Beautiful photos! The one thing that I miss living in AZ is that fall. I miss the leaves turning colors and the crisp air. I DON'T miss the cold, however, and so I will be content to look at your great photos of leaves and fall in the canyon and be content. What a great family memory!

Tiff said...

I just can't get over how cute your kids are getting!!! What a fun FHE! The pictures look great, by the way.