Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More About Me

This is a fun tag I got from my friend Jenny's blog:

Write what you were doing 10 years ago, 5 years ago, and 2 years ago. Then write what you hope to be doing 2 years from now. Then tag a few friends if you want to.


Ten years ago I was in my senior year of high school. I was way into the drama of high school life (i.e. boys... stupid boys :). Luckily, I involved myself with activities that brought me out of the drama and into something I truly loved - dance. My senior year was my second year on our high school Dance Company and I was the historian. Some of my best high school memories are because of Dance Co. and the friends I had there. Luckily I've been able to keep up with some of my Dance Co. friends and we still enjoy time together every once in a while.

Luckily this picture is too small to notice how drunk I look! Not a good picture of me, but everyone else looks good :).


Here's me and my friend Jenny. Don't we just look sexy :). Oh, and btw Jenny, as I was looking through all my old pictures I realized again how many blackmail pics I have of you. Sweet :D. Maybe one day if I get bored I'll post some... :D.


My senior year dance portrait.


All my good high school girl friends at graduation.
L to R: Melisa, Jenny, Me, Tiffany, Jennifer, Jessica, and Shannon.

Another fun thing I did ten years ago was go to Europe... twice! I went the summer before my senior year with a school group and then I got to go again towards the end of my senior year with my family. It was so much fun! My dream is to go back to Paris again. I absolutely loved it there!


Here's me by the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany.


Me (on the far left) and my tour buddies by the Eiffel Tower.
I want to go back there so bad!!!

I kept dancing into my first two years of college. I was on the drill team at Snow College and I loved it even more than I loved dancing in high school. So even though it wasn't technically ten years ago I still had to include pics from that. It brings back such great memories!!! Plus, my first year at college was really a great year for me. I learned a lot about myself being on my own that first year. There's a lot of nostalgia for me at Snow College. Plus, my second year at Snow I met JR, so that was pretty great too :).


The girls on my second year of drill at Snow. That year was the best ever!!!

Ok, so these next two pics are from my first and second year on drill. I think I grew up a lot from the first one to the next. Maybe the 'not having braces' thing helped a little... :). Thank goodness I didn't meet JR until my second year! I looked much better that year :).

My first year on drill.


My second year on drill. Much better :).


Sorry, that was a lot for my 'ten years ago' part. Luckily for you, the rest isn't going to be that long :). Five years ago I was starting my last year of college at Southern Utah University. I had been married for just over two years. I got pregnant with Cali just about the time school started, so I was eight months pregnant when I graduated. It worked out great timing wise :). I was really glad I got to finish school before I had kids. I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Psychology major, Communications minor, and a 3.95 GPA. I was in the Alpha Chi National Honor Society, Psi Chi National Honor Society in Psychology, and was on the National Deans List. I never thought I'd finish college, so this was a really cool achievement for me. Sometimes I think about going back to school and getting my masters in psychology or counseling, but I think I'll wait on that for a bit.


Here's me and JR at the beginning of my senior year at SUU.
Yeah, I know, my hair was dark!


Here's me in my large eight month pregnant glory. My feet got so swollen during graduation! Oh well, much easier finishing school with Cali still in my tummy :). Oh, and look at how long my hair was! I don't think it's ever been as long as it was when I was pregnant with Cali.


Two years ago TODAY actually, JR and I moved into our first official home. We bought a town home in Spanish Fork and have been here longer than anywhere else. Stability has been nice, especially now that Cali's getting older and going to school. Two years ago I was also pregnant with Isaac. I was only a couple months along so the move wasn't bad, but feeling nauseous wasn't fun :). Luckily I had unpacking to keep me distracted from feeling sick.



Two years from now... I'm not exactly sure where I want to be. I've never been much of a planner or goal setter, but I can say that I hope to be happily married and enjoying my kids as they grow up. I haven't decided yet about baby number three. I'm playing that by ear - any by my sanity :). I do hope to be more out of debt and in a better financial situation. But I guess that's everyone's dream right :). Just like Jenny said, I hope I'm rich by then :D. As long as I'm happy and with my family, I guess nothing else really matters.


Now, I tag anyone who wants to take the time to dig out your old photos and scan them for this blog post. Trust me, it's not for the faint of heart going back to "pre-digital". Scary!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

CUTE! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

So many fun memories! I cant believe how long your hair was!!

Jenny said...

I loved reading this! I loved the pics, too. Except that I look pregnant in the Dance Company pic. Ha ha!

And look at those muscles of yours in that pic of you and me! Dang girl! I don't know why I wasn't more scared of you back then!

And I can't believe the difference from your first year at drill to your second. I guess we did grow up a lot during that first year! Good old Mary Neilson Hall...AHH!

And I LOVE your dark, long hair. I totally forgot that it was like that. And you still look HOT in your eight-month-pregnant graduation picture. That's quite an accomplishment!

Jenny said...

And as far as the blackmail thing is concerned...

how much should I pay you to keep those pics a secret???

;0)

And if you ever decide to post them...all's fair in blog world war!

Tiff said...

I've loved reading this blog! I loved reading Jenny's, too! It's really fun to see what your friends were up to in the years where you kind of lost touch...

And I agree with Jenny, you looked way too pretty to be 8 months prego!

I really am going to get around to posting this blog myself whenever I find the nerve to start scanning some pics! Or maybe I'll just steal some of yourse! ;)

crystalcookie said...

ah precious! you are so cute! its funny to see old pics....see the past you and the present you! ha ha love it!

Team Korte said...

Ummm, yes...just wanted to let you and Jenny know I have some GREAT Dance Company pics...they are SO classic! I think I need to post them ASAP!

Nicole said...

So fun!! This is a really cool post. I think I'll try to do it, probably on my personal blog: barefootinspirations.blogspot.com
Also, Love the fall pics. I am lame, how do I get to hobble creek? I totally want to take some family pictures up there...

Kendra said...

You look fabulous - just as cute as you were 10 years ago! Congrats on that. It was fun to see you in front of Neuschwanstein - the castle was in our stake boundries and we even went there as youth all the time. You have had a wonderful 10 years...I am getting all reflective over my last 10 years now. I don't know if I'll have time to do all that you did, but this was a very cool post.