Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thriving Ivory Concert

A few months ago I got introduced to a group called Thriving Ivory. Parker from 1019 was showcasing this group for the second time on his radio show when I heard them. I fell completely in love and they're my new favorite band. The lead singer has such a unique, amazing voice. When I first had JR listen to them he didn't like the singer's voice. He said he liked their songs, but just not his voice. Well, after buying their CD and letting JR listen to it more he's totally loving their music too :). I knew I'd win him over, because the group really is amazing. So now it's great being able to enjoy their music together :).

We got to go to their concert in Murray this Wednesday. It was just a small venue because they're still new to the music scene. But that worked out great for us because the concert was small and intimate. It was SUCH a great concert! They had three opening bands, which was a lot. And it was standing room only so we got a little tired standing that long. But all the bands really were great so it was worth it :). We missed the first band, but the other two were actually really good so it was nice :). The two opening bands we heard were Company of Thieves and State of Shock. They both put on a great show, but I think I prefer Company of Thieves music over the other. I put one of their songs, Pressure, on my playlist if you're interested :).

Thriving Ivory was amazing live and JR and I have a blast at their concert. I love discovering good music and this band is definitely one of my all time favorite discoveries. I have several of their songs on my playlist if you care to listen.

Here's Company of Thieves. You gotta love a girl lead singer :). And she was really really good! JR and I couldn't pinpoint who her voice reminds us of. Either way, the group was really fun to listen to.

Here's State of Shock. They look harder than their music really was. They gave a really fun performance. And, again, you gotta love a girl rockin out on the guitar!

Here's us waiting for Thriving Ivory. Not a great pic, but at least it's something! :)

Here's Thriving Ivory. I wish the camera that I brought to the concert took better pics. I have a better camera, but I didn't want to take it because I didn't know how rowdy the crowd would be. But they were really well behaved, so that made the concert even better - you know, for us old people that can't jump up and down for two hours straight like we use to :).

The lead singer is seriously amazing. And the keyboard player behind him is one of the main songwriters. So of course I love him too because their lyrics are doubly amazing!!!


I had to snap this pic after the concert. Such a great show!

Here's a little video clip of one of my favorite songs - Angels on the Moon. You may have heard it on the radio :). Of course they sounded much better than they do on this video, but you get a sense of the awesomeness :D.

P.S. I mentioned that Parker from 1019 introduced me to this group. He was there at the concert and I got to thank him after the show for introducing me to Thriving Ivory. We had a great chat :). Too bad he's not on 1019 anymore! I miss his show!

4 comments:

JR said...

Loved the concert! I would see them again in a heartbeat, and next time it would be even more fun to have a few friends along. :)

Seriously, for anyone that hasn't really checked out their stuff or given it a serious listen, it's totally worth it.

Oh yeah, I couldn't have asked for better company. Love you Krissy! *MWA*

britta said...

I have never heard them and I just listend to a few songs on your playlist and I am already hooked. Thanks for the intro to Thriving Ivory. And Isaac's hair cut is soooo cute. Love it!!!!

Jenny said...

I'm such a dork - I've never heard of them. That's why they call me "Jenny the girl who isn't cool"

Tiff said...

That picture of you and JR is really cute!