Monday, March 16, 2009

I leave JR alone with a pair of scissors...

So Isaac has been needing a haircut for some time now. I was hoping for a trim. But JR decided to cut all his hair off - curls and all! It makes me sad just thinking about it! I'm trying to breath and remind myself that it'll grow back, but I've never seen Isaac without his cute curls and he just looks so different. And he looks so much older. It's hard! He looks adorable, of course, but he just looks so different and I'm still trying to get use to it and not cry :(. I was so upset that JR was cutting Isaac's hair that I didn't get a 'before' pic. But here's two very recent ones that show off his hair pretty well.

Look at those curls! Such a cutie pie :).

Look at all that curly hair in the back!

And here's the after pics. Brace yourself....


Look at how short it is!!!

Look at all that hair! And that's only half of what JR cut off. *sniff*

I know he looks cute, but it's still hard and I miss his curls. But he does look very grown up and handsome. When JR was cutting Isaac's hair I heard Cali say, "Now Isaac won't look like a girl!" What a stinker, she's suppose to be on my side! :)

Well, if cutting off Isaac's hair wasn't bad enough, JR decided to chop off Cali's too. It was suppose to be a trim, but we all know that I can't leave JR with the scissors unsupervised anymore. Again, I didn't get a 'before' pic because I didn't know that the 'after' would be so dramatic! So here's a more recent pic of Cali. Her hair really was getting long.

Sorry, this was the best pic I could find! Here she is with her cousin Brianne :).

And here she is today:

The short haircut really does look cute on her :).

It is at least 5-6 inches shorter. And her curls are gone too!

I do think her haircut is cute. But, again, it makes her look so much older! And to make things even worse I just registered her for kindergarten today. Man, it's hard having your kids grow up! Especially when it happens overnight!

12 comments:

Stina said...

Haircuts are so sad, but so needed (sometimes). Your husband has a gift to be able to do such good cuts with scissors. They look great! You can hide your scissors at my house if you need to!

Kristen said...

JR did do a good job. He actually cut Isaac's hair with the electric trimmers. And then he cut Cali's with the scissors. The last haircut JR gave Isaac he did with the scissors, though. But that was when he kept some of the curl.

JR said...

I actually started Isaac's haircut with the clippers, but I cut the majority of it with scissors. He was so good for me! It's probably because I had him watching SpongeBob while I finished up. :)

Shannon said...

They both look way cute! You would've had to let go of the curls sooner or later. They are cute, but he looks like a little stud now! I love it!

Team Korte said...

Kristen, your hub is really good at cutting hair! Nice job!!

Steph said...

Who knew that JR was a closet hairstylist! That's awesome! Both your kiddos look great he did a good job!

Chelsey said...

They both have such beautiful blond hair. Kali look so cute with short hair, and Isaac looks so handsome. The pictures look like in just two seconds he went from a little baby to a little boy. Wow, he looks so grown up!

*Amy* said...

They look so grown up with their little haircuts, but they are still cute as ever! This growing up thing is getting out of control though!

Jenny said...

Those curls were mighty adorable, but I am LOVIN' the new 'do! He look so handsome!

And Cali's hair is really cute short. I bet she's loving it!

Unknown said...

I think they both look adorable.

Melissa said...

They look darling! Embrace having just a kindergartener. Blink and you'll have a third grader!

Tiff said...

Oh man! Yeah, don't leave him alone with the scissors anymore, if only for your peace of mind! Those are dramatic haircuts! They do both still look really adorable, though!!