Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hogle Zoo

I've been wanting to take the kids to Hogle Zoo this entire summer. My nephew Josh had a birthday and he wanted to go to the zoo on Saturday, so it was a perfect opportunity to go with my family. The only down side was that JR and Isaac didn't get to come, but it was still nice getting to spending some time with just Cali. She had a blast with her Grandma, Aunt Annika, Uncle Jay, and lots of her cousins. I really enjoyed spending time with my family also. The animals were cool too :).

The first thing we did when we got to the zoo was see the bird show. I can't remember the last time I went to it. It was really fun and Cali was so excited with everything. It was cute :).

Here's the rest of us enjoying the bird show.

Here's one of the birds flying. What a wing span!

Here's Cali and a Meerkat. I wonder what it's thinking... :).

We were waiting behind some class to see if we could see the Tiger. All of a sudden the Tiger comes right up to the glass to get a drink. What a great view! It was beautiful! ...but I was definitely glad to have the strong glass there :).

Here's the baby giraffe in front of the momma giraffe. I thought it was a cool picture...if I do say so myself :D.

Cali got tired and cranky on part of our walk, so she hung out with cousin Nathan for a little while.

I thought this pic was cool too. I caught the bear right as it had climbed out of the water and was shaking off.

Here's Cali and I enjoying the elephants. The one in this picture is over fifty years old, and she's a grandma :).

I had to get this picture of Cali. I have one just like it when I was around her age. I'll have to compare the two now :).

Here's all of us getting ready to ride the train.

After we were done I sat down by zoo entrance with my mom to relax and Cali sat and played here for about a half hour! I need one of those at my house....

5 comments:

Stina said...

You hit the perfect day at the zoo!! Great pics!

Jenny said...

That tiger picture is awesome, I love it! I'm glad you had fun!

Shannon said...

I love the zoo. I'm jealous, though, because I never get cool pictures of the animals like that! And we've been quite a bit!

Tiff said...

I haven't been to the zoo in years! I can't wait until Oliver is old enough to enjoy things like that.

Jeanette said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a great time!