Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Black Family Reunion in Antimony

Ok, so this was two weeks ago but I still had to post my fun family reunion. Every year my mom's family gets together at my grandparents guest ranch for a big family reunion. It's loud, there are lots of people, and you don't really sleep well, but every year I always have so much fun. I really enjoy the relationships I get to have with my family and extended family. I feel so fortunate that my family has a place to get together for the whole weekend to really become close and develop lasting relationships. The kids love it too because there's horses, a playground, and lots of space for them to run around. And they get to spend more time with their cousins. Enjoy the pics from our fun weekend!

Here's us dancing around Friday night with the cool live band they had.

JR dancing with Cali. Too cute :).

What a great mom I have. My kids sure love their grandma Weeks!

Enjoying the playground with my sister Heather.

You can't go to the ranch without riding a horse. Look at Cali all by herself. She's getting so big!

Isaac enjoyed a ride too. Cali was a good big sister and held on to him tight :).

Here's my cute grandma Black playing with Isaac. She broke her hip last year and she's been using a cane to help her get around. But she uses it a lot like President Hinckley did - she just carries it around :).

Here's me, my grandma Black, my mom, and Isaac. Four generations!

Here's Cali and her cousin Josh swinging. She purposefully made that face because I was taking a picture. What a little stinker!

Here's my grandparents Rockin' R Ranch.

Here's the inside. I love lounging in here.

Here's my dad and more of the lodge. I have so many memories here!

Here's the back of the lodge.

I love going to Antimony because it's such a beautiful little town. And at night you can see a gazillion stars!

The sunset was so beautiful I had to share it!

The view from one of the balconies. I love it here!

Here's my sister Heather getting Isaac into the cowboy spirit :).

On Saturday night we had a program and we always do skits. This one was so funny I had to share. It was a "wet t-shirt contest". Each person was given a wet t-shirt that had been frozen. The first person to undo the shirt and put it on was the winner. Most of the shirts were frozen solid and it was so funny watching everyone try to put them on. Here's my bro-in-law Jay putting his shirt on. He was the winner, but only because his shirt wasn't as frozen as the others. My dad's shirt was so frozen he put it in the microwave and it didn't even make a difference! For anyone looking, this is a really cute game idea :).

For my mom's family's skit they did a spin off of "America's got Talent". It was so funny! Here's the judges (my uncle Lance, my grandma, and my cousin's wife Molly) and my cute mom dressed up as the cow Gladis. If you know the song you'll understand :D. She was so funny!

Here was another skit my sister and some of our cousins did. It reminded me of a dance my Dance Company did in High School. It was really funny :P.

Here's my grandma and grandpa Black. It's not a family reunion without my grandpa Black singing silly songs. I know they won't be around forever and I cherish these moments.

All my mom's brothers and sisters were at the reunion, so they took a family picture. Here's my four uncles, three aunts (plus my mom :), my grandparents, and Roger (the one in the glasses) who was basically adopted into the family. There are over 100 direct descendants from my grandparents. What a family legacy they've created!

(Thanks aunt Michelle for those last two pics. I copied them off your blog :)

7 comments:

The Steele family said...

I so miss the Rockin' R Ranch that is such a great place.

Steph said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thats such a nice cabin! Its always nice to getaway even for a little bit!

Stina said...

This looks so amazing. Explain how your grandparents got this ranch and do they live there? I am so jealous you have this in your family! How fun!

And, I was talking to Jaime Werner today and told her that Austin was sick. When she got off the phone, I guess Cali asked all kinds of questions about him and if he was okay. She's so funny! And so grown up! :)

Angela said...

How fun!

Melissa said...

I only went once for a youth conference, it was awesome there. I love all the pics, so much to treasure for a lifetime!

nicole said...

Now I'm sad that I missed it this year. It looks like you had a great time! The skits looked super funny.

Anonymous said...

We did have lots of fun, didn't we? It's fun to be reminded of how very blessed we are to have such a wonderful family! I love checking out your blog. Love Mom