Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn...finally!

(Don't worry, no spoilers :)

I can't tell you all how excited I've been about Breaking Dawn coming out. I know I shouldn't be acting like a teenager, but once I started with the series I was hooked. I blame that on my sister Nicky for giving me Twilight as a gift :). Thanks Nicky! I got Breaking Dawn at about 12:10 a.m. on Saturday morning and of course I had to stay up for a few hours reading. I finished it yesterday afternoon (Monday). I have to say, for the longest book I've ever read I did pretty good on the time! Of course I had to neglect a few things, but my children have recovered nicely. hehe ;D

This book was so much different than I expected, but in amazingly good ways. I have to say that I absolutely loved it and it is my new favorite in the series. I knew from the start that it was going to be an amazing story, but having finished the book it's my favorite for so many other reasons. This is something I wasn't sure I was going to say when I started reading it. A little ways into the book I thought I was going to have to swear off Stephenie Meyer books! (OK, so that was a slight overreaction, but that's what happens when you get so caught up while you're reading :) I seriously got a little worried about a third of the way into the book (and no it wasn't because of the honeymoon stuff :), but luckily my complete addiction and curiosity won me over and I had to finish. I'm so glad I did! I have to say that this book has taught me so much about live, love, sacrifice, and about what's really most important. It's helped me realize that becoming the person I want to become isn't something that is going to just happen on it's own. It is going to take all my blood (hehe ;) sweat and tears. Anything that is worth having (or becoming) is worth fighting for. I'm not a person that gets symbolism or hidden meanings very well, but after finishing this book I was so deep in thought. Right after I finished it I couldn't wait to read it again. That was a first for me, since I'm not a big reader (or wasn't until the Twilight series :). The best part is that I didn't have to wait long because JR and I started reading it together tonight :D. Yeah! And it was actually JR's idea... I KNOW! I loved reading the other books with him and I can't wait to read this one together. I just hope I don't completely bawl in the process :).

I wish all of you out there happy reading, and let me know what you think when you're done. If the book starts to freak you out a little like it did me, I promise it'll be all worth it in the end :). I don't know if all of you will get the same things out of it that I did, but at the very least you'll hopefully appreciate and love your family more. Plus you'll get a heck of a great story!

7 comments:

Steph said...

So much fun! I also got the book at midnight too! I havn't finished yet but I am loving it! Its also my favorite out of the 4 so far!

Stina said...

I can't wait to read it! I hope Bella doesn't bug me so much in this book!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh!! I got the book at Midnight too! Where did you go to get yours? I went to the party at Borders. It was sooo much fun. I'm going to write a blog about it asap. I finished the book on Saturday afternoon (didn't sleep, obviously) and it was SOOO good! I love how she tied up every single loose end.

Jason and Joy said...

I just finished reading it ~ I still think that the first book still tops my list as my favorite but this book made me think a lot! And overall I really liked it.(I was really worried at the beginning of this one...I also almost put the book down, but I had to know how it ended!!!) Which I'm glad I did because I ended up really liking the book. I feel like I need to read all four of them again to pick up on things that I may have missed because I was in such a hurry to find out what happened!
*sorry about this novel of a post....I just need someone to talk to about these books because my husband is NOT interested!

JR said...

All I have to say is GO #4!!!!!! By far my favorite thus far, and I'm only 1/2 way through. I can't believe you let me read to you until 4:00 AM. Stephanie Meyer is awesome. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Ali said...

I still think Twilight is my favorite of the set but I love the themes of love, family and sacrafice in the fourth book. Definitely a great read!

Nicole said...

First, thanks for the fun comment on my blog! I love finding people's blogs. Your family is so darn cute. Love Cali's preschool pics. :) And Breaking Dawn...loved it. There were a few things that bothered me...but overall such a great book. I loved Twilight, so I just don't think that could bet topped for me, but I really liked all of the themes of this book and how Bella realized that there were more important things in her life than herself. I loved that she was willing to sacrifice so much for R since that is what really happens when you become a mother.

It is fun checking out your blog!