Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cali's First Day of Preschool

I can't believe Cali's in preschool. She's getting so big! At least it's at a lady's home in my ward, so she's not too far away. Plus it's a small class with some of the other kids in the ward. I need to take baby steps I guess before I can officially send her off to "the big school" :). She has been excited about preschool all summer. We visited her preschool at the very beginning of summer, so you can imagine how long it's seemed to Cali waiting for today. I've been excited too because I know how good it will be for Cali to get out to socialize and learn. She gets so bored at our house. She had a blast today and I can't wait to hear more about what she'll be learning throughout the year.

Here she is ready to go to class. Can you tell she's excited? :)

Her teacher made all the kids bags with their names
on it for their school work.

Here's Cali with her teacher Ms. Adrienne as I was dropping her off.
She was so excited :).

p.s. - When JR got home from work tonight he asked Cali how her day was in preschool. She said, "I had a fantastic day!" She's so funny. She must get the big words from JR :).

9 comments:

Sharla said...

I'm glad she had a "fantastic" first day. What a cutie!

Stina said...

I don't think you could ask for a better preschool teacher! Adrienne's the best!

Steph said...

Taking kids to the zoo is so much fun! Cali is so cute for her first day of school! She looks like she was very excited! I cant imagine sending kids to school either baby steps sounds like the way to go!

Jason and Joy said...

She looks so cute ~ I didn't know that Adrienne taught preschool! How nice to have her so close.

Jenny said...

Wow, she can't be that old! I swear she was just born. Why do kids have to grow up???

So did you cry when she went to school? I would be a big baby!

Shannon said...

Preschool should be good practice for kindergarten, but watch out, it comes way too fast! She looks way cute!

The Millette Family said...

Can you believe our first borns are already in school! Ah! Scary! Pretty soon they will be getting married! I don't know where time goes. Cali you are soo cute!

Tiff said...

Oh, she's growing up!!! Look how cute she looks, too! We definitely need to get together.

Heidi said...

Oh for CUTE! :) I wish I had put Spencer in a preschool this year. He is SO upset that the older kids are going and he can't. :)