Friday, November 30, 2007

A Window Into My Crazy Self...


Jenny tagged me, so I guess I have to spill my guts about me. So exciting for you! :-). According to the tag rules, I have to list six facts or habits about myself, so here goes:

1- I don't cry. Seriously...I don't. I think part of it stems from when I was younger and I realized that I had the "ugly cry" and didn't want anyone to see. The other part stems from me not wanting to be vulnerable. If I need to cry, 99% of the time I only allow myself to get teary eyed, but no tears actually fall. I've gotten so good at stopping myself from crying that when I actually do want to cry I usually can't. Yeah, not healthy. I am more likely to cry when I'm happy, though, than when I'm sad. If I'm happy, like when I feel the Spirit, I'll cry more, but I still don't like people to see. JR has seen me cry when I'm happy, but he has probably only seen me cry twice when I was sad. I just hold it in, and then when I'm alone and feel like I probably should let it out, I usually don't - or can't. ---Ok, so I'm re-reading what I wrote and realizing that I'm kind of a freak! JR is trying to make me feel better by telling me that I don't cry because I'm a very happy person :-). Bless his heart for trying to make me feel better :-). So, anyways, it's something that I'm working on, because I don't want to die young from holding in all this emotion!

2- I am extremely sarcastic. (hmmm, maybe this has something to do with not wanting to be vulnerable...hey, I'm a psychology major, I like to figure things out :-) I actually blame this on my dad (hehe). Most of my family, except my poor patient mom, is very sarcastic, so I just grew up with it. I don't ever like being mean, but I do love to tease and joke with people. Sometimes I forget that JR isn't as sarcastic as me and I think I've hurt his feelings a few times! Deep down he knows I'm just teasing :-). I'm so used to being around people who are sarcastic like me that I forget that there are those who are not. I always make sure they know I'm joking...but if I've offended anyone I'm sorry!!! Again...just blame it on my dad :-).

3- I love to be creative. One way I try to do that is by taking pictures. If I could pick a profession that I would absolutely love, it would have to be a photographer. I love taking pictures and seeing what I can create. I don't know if I really have a good eye or not, but I've had people tell me that I do, so that gives me hope :-). Photography is something that I'll always work on, even if it's just for the benefit of my own family.
Along these same lines, if I could pick a profession that I think I'd be really good at with the skills that I already have, it would have to be some sort of event/wedding planner. I'm very organized and detail oriented. I would make sure nothing got overlooked. I'm also quite perfectionistic, so everything would look great! Plus, I'm very good with people, so I would enjoy helping create a special event for someone. I actually worked at a reception center for a while, but I didn't get to plan everything. The things I did get to do, though, I loved. Being in charge of everything would make it that much more fun!

4- For those of you who know me this will be a DUH, but I'm very much a people person. I love being around other people and talking. Another DUH is that I love to talk. My father calls it being a "manic expressive". It took JR a little while to get used to 2-3 hour visiting teaching visits, but he's used to it now :-). I love talking to people and getting to know others. Just about everything I love to do involves being around other people. One down side of loving to talk is not being a very good listener, but I'm REALLY trying to work on that. I just love being around other people and laughing and talking. That would make me happy any day of the week :-).

5- I don't have that many really bad pet peeves, but here are a few that almost always bother me: 1- Slow drivers! I don't mind if you're in the slow lane, or even in the middle lane, but if you're in the fast lane or the car pool lane get out of the way if someone behind you is going faster!!! 2- Mean/rude people. It makes me so upset when I see someone being completely inconsiderate of another persons feelings. This includes tactless people. Just because it's the truth doesn't mean you should say it!!! 3- When things are disorganized (i.e. when JR leaves his stuff out and doesn't put it away!). I can't get after him too much, because there are a ton of things that he DOES do, but having to put the same things away over and over and OVER does get a little frustrating :-).

6- And finally, the best one ever... I LOVE DIRTY DANCING!!! Let me explain :-). From Jr. High all the way to College one of my most favorite things to do was dance. I loved being on dance teams and performing. The problem with that is it's kind of hard to do once you get married and aren't going to school. So, needing to find a way to get into shape after my dancing days were over, I got a Golds Gym membership. But, unfortunately, that just wasn't the same as dancing, and my motivation to go wasn't as good as it could have been. That was until I found my dirty dancing class. The Golds Gym in Orem teaches a dirty dancing class. My dancing prayers were answered!!! It is the most fun I've had since being on dance teams. Every class the teacher has a new routine to learn and we get to be sexy! It's a great confidence booster and I get a workout all at the same time! I'm telling you, for anyone who misses dancing and wants to get back in shape, this is the class for you!

So, there you have it. A little window into my crazy self. Hopefully you all still want to be my friends :-) Please?!! What if I pay you... (hehe)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That was fun to read! I bet I could make you cry! HA HA HA!