Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Excitement



I feel like a dork because I can't think of anything exciting to post about. Oh, there's been excitement, but I just don't have any pictures. Ok, so there hasn't been THAT much excitement. But I did just finish something exciting so I thought I'd share it with all of you. I just read "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer and loved it, of course. And I was proud of myself for finishing it in just a couple of days! But I won't mention the part about neglecting my kids, my talk in church for Sunday, the laundry, JR, a shower, etc. The book was different than I expected, but brilliant still and I recommend it to anyone and everyone. So, if any of you have some time to kill and feel like neglecting something then I highly recommend "The Host". Great book, but unfortunately it hasn't helped me with my talk for Sunday. Help!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, come on. I'm sure you can find a way to tie it into your talk! Ha ha ha!

I knew you'd choose that book over everything else. Good girl. It's a good book!

Erin and Chad said...

Erin loves all those books!!

Stina said...

the Host is a good read. And, with Stephenie Meyer's books, I have a really hard time putting them down and paying attention to life around me too. Good thing you finished it so quickly so you could return to normal life!

JR said...

I can't get over how well Stephanie Meyer frames the most intangible of human experiences in words that you can't help but feel. It's something I haven't gotten used to. I believe that covet is the proper term for what I feel about her ability.

The Host was awesome. Made me want to be a better person.