Saturday, January 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House



Thursday night of this week JR and I took the kids to go to the Draper Temple open house. I was super excited for Cali to see the inside of the Draper Temple so that she could get a better understanding of just what temples are all about. And it was a perfect opportunity to talk to her about how special they are and how we can be together forever because mom and dad were married in the temple. When we got there we realized that it was going to take much longer than I had planned on. There were so many people there! When you go, you start out at a church building near the temple where you watch a short video about temples. Then you board a bus that takes you up to the temple. It's quite the coordinated effort! We got to our designated chapel at about 7:40 p.m. (our reservation time) and we didn't get up to the temple until just after 9 p.m.. So, by the time we were done going through the Draper temple it was about ten. Isaac was such a trooper despite being so tired. Cali was tired too, but she liked all the pretty chandeliers and was excited that she got to go see the temple. Even thought it took longer than I expected, I'm so glad we all got to go. It was a wonderful experience and it just reaffirmed to me how much I love the temple and the wonderful Spirit that's there.

I'm so grateful for temples. Even talking to Cali about them made me choke up. How blessed I am as a member of the church to be able to attend the temple and know that my family can be with me forever. I'm so grateful that I started my marriage in the temple. Knowing that JR and I are sealed for eternity impacts our choices and how we want to live our lives. I encourage anyone who can to go to the Draper Temple open house. It was such a wonderful experience and I loved being able to share it with my family.

To make a reservation go here:

4 comments:

Jenny said...

How awesome! It's a bummer that it took so long but at least your kids were troopers.

Great pic!

Steph said...

So cool! We live so close to the Draper temple I'm so excited to have a new temple. Sounds like a long event but well worth it! Thanks for the link...so anyone can make reservations? I thought they sent out a certain amount to each stake? I hope we can still get tickets!
What a pretty picture of the temple too!

Unknown said...

Isn't it awesome to take your kids through the temple? We have been to the Rexburg open house and Twin Falls, ID. We have our reservations to go to Draper in March with the Huttons. We are excited to go.

Stina said...

I want to go. I'm glad you guys got the chance. It's so good for the kids to see the inside of the temple when they can!