Friday, September 12, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

I am a BIG organizer. I recognize that everything has it's place and I love it when things are where they're suppose to be. Nice, clean, uncluttered, organized. As of about two weeks ago this trait manifested itself in Cali. All of a sudden she was organizing her room and cleaning it up ALL by herself. Next came the top drawer in our bathroom. She got after me when I didn't put the toothpaste back where she'd put it. "Mom, this is where it's suppose to be" she'd told me. I KNOW! I was so proud my buttons would have burst! - if I wore buttons :). I've come downstairs in the morning to find the dining room table cleaned off, the toys organized how she wanted them, and two towels perfectly folded up on the kitchen counter - that she'd used to wipe off the table I'm guessing. She even got after Isaac because she didn't want him moving the toys after she'd cleaned them up. "Now you know how I feel" I thought :). Last night she asked me if she could 'sort' something. I told her she could pick up some of the toys and she got all excited and went to it. She said her preschool teacher had taught them about sorting, so she wanted to practice. Thanks Ms. Adrienne! I told her she was getting to be such a big girl. "Ah, it's nothing", she responded. She's so funny :). It's so nice now having a child that understands me! She's been so much cleaner and she actually wants to help clean up. This makes her so much more grown up now. I love it, but I realize how big she really is getting, and it's kind of sad. She's just a big little person now!

Look at how organized this drawer is! Well, I guess you'd have to have seen it before, but this is even more organized than I get. She did this all on her own. I bet there's things she's organized that I haven't even noticed yet!


Here's her hair clips she organized.


Here she is organizing all her toys. It was quite the long process, but she did it all by herself and didn't even ask for help. She was so proud of herself when she was done :).


Here's her beautifully organized room. She hasn't even taken a stuffed animal to bed lately because she wants it with the other's where it's suppose to be. She's not suppose to be that big yet!

So, we'll see how long this organizing kick lasts, or if it's an ingrained part of her personality now. If nothing else I hope she goes easy on me the next time I put the toothpaste in the wrong place.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so cool. I wish my kids were like that! As for the whole getting older thing, I just decided that it happens and we just have to accept it! Even though I don't want to!

Chelsey said...

Kristen, isn't that fun. Madilyn is an organizer too. I love it. I claim that trait too. How are you doing since your surgery. Everything still good? I hope so , We love you.

Wilde Family said...

WOW! I'm so impressed. She's more organized tham I am! Tell her to come visit my house-- I've got lots for her to sort and organize! So fun to see her grow up though, huh!

Stina said...

What a cutie. She is so much fun! I'm glad you two have so much in common!!

The Winwards said...

That is way too cute. Tayton loves to organize certain toys. He gets really mad at you if you mess one up, it is pretty funny.

You might have heard all ready but if you haven't I thought you might want to know that Jared Armstrong just had surgery. They found a tumor in his brain, he is doing good so far. Hopefully they got all of it and he won't have to do anymore. I will keep you posted if I found out anything else or if you know anything more than I do let me know.

Steph said...

That is so cute! I agree with you its so nice to always know where things are and to have a place for them! =)

Jenny said...

Ok, so that is just awesome that Cali does this. Now, how can I train Hayley to do this???

Angela said...

That is really cute. I was always impressed at how organized your stuff was at college. Looks like Cali is deinitely like her mom in this area. :)

Tiff said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I don't think I've ever seen a kid that age be so organized! What a cutie.

Melissa said...

I especially love the way the hairbows are organized in an order.
This reminds me of my Hayley. Back in Kindergarten, her teacher noticed that even her crayons were in their own color code. Cali is a doll!