Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Favorites...something old, something new

Christmas time, for me, includes not only the joys of the present, but the joys from all the Christmases of my childhood too. Certain decorations and ornaments that I have hold special meaning because they remind me of Christmases past. They make Christmas extra special for me and add to that magical feeling of nostalgia I feel this time of year.
One such decoration that I have is the star that's on top of my Christmas tree. It's the star my family had on our Christmas tree when I was younger. My mom gave it to me on JR's and my first Christmas. That Christmas, being our first Christmas together, we were picking out Christmas ornaments and lights that we wanted. The colors we picked for our tree were blue and silver. When we were trying to decide what we wanted on top of our tree I remembered this metal blue/silver star that my family had used and I mentioned to my mom how I thought it would look perfect on our tree. I had just briefly mentioned it to my mom, but within a week I got a package from her with that star inside. I know it was just a simple thing, but it meant so much to me that she gave it to me. To this day I love puting that star on my tree. It's not the most perfect star to look at, but it's one of the special things I have that remind me of what Christmas is all about.

Another fun thing about Christmas is getting new decorations that mean something to me, that I know will continue to be special for many many Christmases to come. This year I got the Willow Tree Nativity Set. I love Willow Tree figurines, and my new nativity is one of my most favorite things now! It is so beautiful I wish I could keep it up all year!

Those are two of my most favorite things about Christmas because they help me remember what Christmas is all about - the birth of our Savior and the spirit of giving and love that we should share with everyone. So, thank you for letting me share them with you! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that you can enjoy some quite moments with the ones you love, feeling the spirit of this amazing time of year. I love you all and wish you a very happy holiday season!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Kris,
I love your page, thanks for the little reminder. It's the things that could never be replaced that mean the most!
We wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

I loved that post, thanks! So touching and meaningful. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Your Willow Tree set is beautiful, you must have paid a fortune for it ;0)

Kristen said...

Hey, I know a guy....uh, gal. :-) Thanks g, I love it!!!