Friday, January 18, 2008

Crazy January

Well, so far our new year has been a little crazy! We enjoyed New Years, but everyone got sick after that and we're still trying to recover! I spent my birthday (Jan. 8th) taking my sick kids to the doctors. Cali has handled her virus pretty well, but poor Isaac has been really sick with an ear infection (his first one) that just doesn't seem to want to go away. This was his first time really being sick and it was so sad :-(. He had to have three antibiotic shots plus take oral antibiotics. He's a tough kid! Luckily they're finally getting better, but now JR and I are sick and are trying to kick the bugs that we have. I swear we've been to the doctors more times in the past two weeks than we ever have before! And to make matters worse I have to have surgery next Thursday! I'm a little freaked out because it will be my first official surgery, and my first time being put under for anything. I'm just trying not to think about it. So, by the time my surgery is over and I'm recovered (hopefully :-) January will be over! I guess every family goes through months like these. I'm sure February will be better :-).
Here's a few pics to get you through until next month :-). Hopefully life around here will be back to normal. Wish me luck with my surgery!!!


Cali and I with the beautiful cake JR made for me. Chocolate and coconut...mmmmmm.


Here's a cute pic of Isaac sporting his cool 'faux hawk'.


What a cute little stinker Cali is :-).


She's a stinker, but she's so pretty too, if I do say so myself :-).

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Good luck with your lip botox and your cheek implants. It's hardly considered surgery when you are opting to get plastic surgery on your own. Ha ha, just kidding! I had to mess with everyone for a sec!

Good luck, I know everything will go well. And before you know it, it WILL be February and all of this will be but an old memory! You'll be in my thoughts!

Jenny said...

By the way, when did you get the table with the bench seats? SO CUTE!

Kristen said...

Thanks! We love our table too. It was one of my early Christmas presents. It really utilizes the small space we have in our kitchen and makes things nice and cosy :-).

Melissa said...

Kris,
Gel told me about your little surgery, we're thinking of you and wish you well!

Jenny said...

Hope all went well! Post some pictures of your battle wounds!

Emily Shaw said...

Hey girl! Remember me? I finally found the pocket that I put your blog address in so I've been checking it out! Your family is SO cute!!!! I've been waiting for "Bro Peterson" to talk about you more, but instead he's been talking about JR. Said he was born with the cord around in neck twice and that it must have done something to him cause he's messed up in the head! ;) I said he must take after his dad! Anywho, just wanted to let you know we all had so much fun talking to you guys and would love to get together soon! www.memilyrae.com / memilyrae@gmail.com